Saturday, January 16, 2016

Building a Track Scales - Part 3

The track scales is now complete and ready to be installed on the layout. It was a straightforward and fun project. To be honest, I rarely model modern structures, but they are as fun to build than old wooden structures.



I heavily weathered the structure according to the prototype. A cement plant is a dirty place and building should be accordingly.



I rarely detail structure interiors, but this time I painted the walls, added some desk and instruments. Also, the building is almost an aquarium, so I added blinds made of drafting paper. I really help to bring some life into the building by giving it some depts. I also distract the eye to see how empty is truly is.

 

I'm actually wondering if I won't add a sitting figure one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment